Lore's 365 Project

What is a 365 Project? A 365 Project is a photography project, you take 1 photo each day for a year on a subject of your choosing and share it with the world.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 24 - Casserole

So like many people, I see a recipe that 'seems' interesting... then make it my own by taking out the things I don't like & inserting the things I find 'tasty'.  ie. Tator Tot Casserole.  Look around you'll find a million and 1 recipes... originally made famous by the Duggar family & where I saw it made on TV, I decided I would make it for my family as I have a love for the 'tot' as well (tho for its superior cousin, the Crispy Crown)  For my recipe I removed the 'cream of mushroom soup' as *the huz* is allergic to mushrooms & replaced it with cream of onion.  For the cheese, what goes on onion soup but provolone cheese... so I changed the cheese, changed the vegetable to corn... cause my family likes it, Thus changing the entire flavor profile of the dish (I would imagine... never having had the 'original recipe') Mine is QUITE tasty.

Having a family of 6 I make quite a large batch... so one will have to adjust accordingly.

Kuhr Tot Casserole

Preheat oven to 450
Brown approx. 3 lbs of ground beef  (season accordingly, I only use salt & pepper) drain grease.
Put beef on bottom of sprayed 3qt glass casserole dish, mix in one bag of frozen corn & press it down.
Spread 3 cans of cream of onion condensed soup over meat.
Use entire 12/18 pack of provolone cheese slices and cover the top.
Dump bag of frozen Crispy Crowns on top and spread them out evenly.

Cook your Casserole for 20-25 mins (depends on your oven) (until Crispy Crowns are Goldy Brown)
Salt the top of the crispy crowns after you remove it from the oven (hey I never said this was a healthy dish) ;)
Allow Casserole to set for 5 mins before cutting & serving.  Sizes & what does it yield?  No idea ;) We like big pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment