No Cereal, No Milk, No Eggs, no Butter for toast even... what to do... I could make muffins 'Vegan Style' I have nearly over ripe bananas on the counter... so muffin ready.
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
4 ripeity ripe bananas (tho I had 3 & it turned out great)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup boiling water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line or grease muffin tins.
2. Mash bananas with the oil, peanut butter, and boiling water
3. Sift sugars, flour, baking soda and baking powder, and spices. Gradually spoon into banana mixture.
4. Pour batter into muffin tins (more like scoop, this is a THICK batter). Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes until a toothpick can be extracted clean)
5. Cool for five minutes. Remove from muffin tin and glaze, if desired.
Peanut butter glaze
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
2-4 tablespoons water
Add 1 tablespoon of water to the sugar, followed by the peanut butter.
Slowly add more water until the glaze reaches the desired consistency.
Pour over the cooling muffins.
These Muffins are so Moist and DELICIOUS! They will make you want to dance ;) The glaze is Amazing! Do not skip that step. I am pretty pleased that I had a lack of 'breakfast items' this morning to whip up these fantastic muffins! We will certainly revisit these regularly.